Kare Dental Vancouver – Pediatric Dentistry Services- We welcome children! Our little patients always have a fun and soothing experience.
Prevention starts at home. Parents play a big role in keeping their children’s teeth healthy and clean.
Children should visit the dentist as early as 6 months for check-up against early childhood caries and monitoring proper development. Pediatric care is very important! Our doctors at Kare Dental Vancouver will give parents oral hygiene instructions and diet counselling appropriate for toddlers. With proper guidance and behavioural management, many children are able to have dental work performed without sedation.
Why should you take your child to a pediatric dental examination?
- You can find out if the cleaning you do at home is working.
- Your dentist can find problems right away and fix them.
- Your child can learn that going to the dentist helps prevent problems.
- A dental exam every six months can catch small problems early!
Pediatric Advice …. Things to consider!
- Babies need oral health too! Clean your infant’s gums after each feeding with a clean water soaked cloth or gauze. This stimulates the gum tissue and removes food.
- Brush your child‘s teeth as soon as they come in. Use a toothbrush twice a day.
- When your child turns 3, teach them about proper brushing techniques with a small, super soft-bristled toothbrush and a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste. This is a topic our doctors will go over with you at appointments.
- When your child turns 7 or 8, teach them how to gently brush and floss their own teeth but still continue to supervise them in the evening until they are 9 to 10 years of age.
- Regular visits to your child’s dentist to check for cavities, address any issues with tooth development, and ensure at-home dental hygiene is being done correctly.
Your Child’s First Visit, pediatric advice from the Canadian Dental Association –
Contact us! And let us take Kare of your loved ones.